Wednesday, June 27, 2012

hatch day... a day early?!

Well, I checked my eggs lastnight, and found one pip. On day 26! It was nearly day 27, so I suppose it's not all that early; but I got up again this morning and I have 3 pips now. yay! 


It looks like one of them pipped on the wrong side (didn't actually pip, just tried to pip) and hit a blood vessel, so I don't see that one being able to make it. My other 3 are pretty talkative though. I hear them cheeping!




Also, in other news, it looks like I'll be keeping my Welsh Harlequin boy after all. Some BYC (www.Backyardchickens.com) members have talked me into it. WH boys are pretty calm, and people friendly, from what I've read, and heard. Not to forget, they're definitely gorgeous drakes; so if i'm going to keep a drake, I may as well keep one that I not only already own, and like, but one that I believe will grow up to be a protective leader of his flock, and is good looking enough to give me pretty, fertile, WH eggs to hatch someday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment