Sunday, June 24, 2012

Last Egg Candling.

Tonight was the last time I candle my Ancona eggs before adding water, and putting them into lock down for the next 3 or 4 days until they hatch. I have nine, and I was just checking one last time to see how many were still developing, and growing. There was one I was a little unsure about because I thought I could see a blood ring, but we saw movement from the duckling. So all nine are in the bator, and now I can't open the lid at all. It'll be a waiting game from here on out. 

Part of me is excited that it's happening; the other part is wondering, how did this past month go by so quickly? I'll make sure to post pictures, of pipping, zipping, and hatching ducklings.

Tomorrow I plan on cleaning everything I can get my hands on to stay occupied, or I'll go crazy before there's really any action. It's only going to be the first day of lock down. I really need to stay away from the bator, or else I'll just look for pips too early.

bye all!

No comments:

Post a Comment